Hot sauce is one of my beloved addition to food. I like the added heat it gives the meal furthermore, the acidity from the vinegar based condiment gives the flavor an extra pop.
My love for Buffalo sauce has expanded beyond the chicken wing. Now that I have cut meat from my diet, I have begun experimenting more with vegetarian and vegan friendly alternatives for protein. I’ve always enjoyed Tofu, yet for some folks, these bean curd blocks can be an acquired taste.
I’ve tossed buffalo in vegetables such as cauliflower and the outcome was still delicious! I wasn’t sure what to expect when using Tofu, but the conclusion showed fine results. This recipe combines my love for both blue cheese and hot sauce. Only change from the classic buffalo wing is I am using vegetarian friendly proteins 🙂 Omnivores, please feel free to still use this recipe with the protein of your choice 😉
Mise En Place:
- (1) Package Firm Tofu
- Buffalo Sauce
- (1) Cup Broccoli, Roasted
- (2) Tablespoons Blue Cheese Dressing
- (1) Tablespoon Almond Milk
- S&P, TT
Method Of Prep:
- Drain liquid from the Tofu package and press for 30 minutes or until moisture has been released (Place block in between 2 kitchen towels to soak up excess liquid. Place a bowl or something heavy on top to “press” the moisture out of the tofu.)
- Cut up broccoli into bite size florets. Toss in 1 Tablespoon of EVOO and season with salt and pepper until well coated. Place in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until broccoli is well roasted. (You’re looking for lightly blackened edges)
- Cut Tofu into size & shapes of your choice (cubes or planks). Season both sides with Salt & Pepper.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of EVOO to pan. Place enough Tofu to cover the skillet. Sear for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and sear an additional 4 minutes. Continue for all sides of the Tofu (4 total, no including the front & back edges)
- Allow tofu to rest on top of (2) paper towels to soak up oil.
- Once broccoli is roasted, toss in blue cheese sauce.
- Once Tofu is all roasted, toss in Buffalo sauce to coat.
- Serve & enjoy!
- (5) Tablespoons Butter
- (3) Ounces Hot Sauce
- Melt butter in a sauce pot over medium low heat. Whisk in hot sauce until well incorporated. (If sauce begins to break, pull off of the heat, continue whisking until blended)
Blue Cheese Sauce:
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. (Add more milk for a thinner sauce, more dressing for thicker)