I came across a quote today stating “If you want to lose weight and get into shape, stop eating garbage and get off your ass.” Well isn’t that the truth!?!
Overall I eat fairly healthy. I’ll slip here and there when I get a craving for something that I know my body doesn’t need such as Wendy’s chicken nuggets, nachos, cookies and wings. Part of giving up processed and unhealthy foods is finding better alternatives to the junk in your past that you once loved. I was always a huge Dorito fan and can proudly say I haven’t purchased a bag in over 2 years. When I’m craving chips I tend to snack on Organic blue corn tortilla chips (Chips and salsa is one of my weaknesses). A much healthier alternative to lays potato chips or doritos is Kale chips. They are super easy to make and are packed with amazing health benefits. This recipe is fantastic and makes a great snack to take with you to work or on the road while you run errands. I bet you could even get your kids to enjoy them!
Raw Cashew Cheese:
3 pkg (6.5oz) Raw Cashews
1 ea Scallion
1 cup Water
1 ea Large Lemon
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp Probiotics
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well incorporated.
Raw Kale Chips with Cashew Cheese:
3 bunches Kale, Washed and Stems Removed
3 cups Cashew Cheese
- Tare the kale into large pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add cashew cheese and massage the kale leaves.
- Once all leaves are covered with cheese, place in a dehydrator at 105 degrees for six to eight hours.
- If you do not have a dehydrator you can place in the oven on the lowest temperature for forty-five to an hour.
- Be careful not to over cook. They will burn quickly.